Tuesday, October 23, 2012

22 Oct
Shave and a haircut two bits.
Well actually, beard trim, haircut, neck shave with a straight razor and head and face massage 50 Ruppees ($.94) ( Dorjey tells me I should have only paid 30). Went to town to recharge the phone and a few other items and ended up in an alley with barbers. Had been feeling a bit shaggy  (especially the beard) and starting to look like a crazy mountain man, so decided why not.... Looks as good(better?) as I get in Bend for $20! I'll have to see what Ron says when I give him  a buck next time.....

Should hold me until I get home.
Was thinking it was my first Indian haircut, but realized in Kanpur the barber used to come to the house. But, it was my first in a barbershop.


23 Oct
Power on from 7-8 this morning! I got to watch a couple of innings of the Giants/Cards.

Along with the cold, the mice are starting to come into the house. Every morning there is a little mouse in the trap. Since they are Buddhists, the traps are live traps and the mice are carried out into the garden and released. I don't have the heart to tell them it's probably the same mice coming back into the house everyday. Would be interesting to tag them and see if I am correct.
Tonight  Katarina  stayed at the house and we made momos for her going away. She leaves Thursday to meet her parents in Delhi.

24 Oct: First snow!
Woke up early this morning to a cold cloudy day with snow all the way down the hills to town and a definite white skiff of snow covering the ground around the house. This is apparently early. I wonder if this will be the impetuous to bring the heater into the family/dining/TV room......


No comments:

Post a Comment